What to do when you are unable to open items when Outlook is offline?
While working on MS Outlook, when your OST file becomes inaccessible; the only way to fetch your data back is converting ost to pst. The symptoms that depict that the OST file has corrupted or damaged are that you won’t be able to access particular items in the Offline folder (OST) file, while MS Outlook is working offline.
This issue can be resolved by performing the following steps:
1. Close MS Outlook and all other applications that might access OST file
2. Locate the OST file that’s causing the issue.
3. Keep a backup copy of the original OST file for the sake of security
4. Rename or delete the original OST file
5. Ensure that the email account settings in MS Outlook are correct, and Outlook is connected to Exchange Server successfully. Now restart Outlook and send/receive your emails on the corresponding Exchange mailbox, which will allow MS Outlook in creating a new OST file automatically and synchronize its data with the Exchange mailbox
6. However, if the method doesn’t work, then you need to create a new email profile since chances are that the current mail is incorrect. In this scenario you need to delete the current profile and create a new profile.
Here in this situation, user loses all its email data since the new profile doesn’t save the previous data. One needs to perform OST PST conversion to ensure that the preceding email data is still accessible.
Use Recoveryfix for OST to PST software to perform OST to PST conversion and keep your OST data accessible to continue business without any hassles. This is a professional tool that assures you of ideal data extraction and conversion. OST to PST Converter tool is available for free evaluation so that you can download the tool for free to check the features and functionalities of the software yourself.